Universität Innsbruck - Promotionsstelle - Crowdsourced innovation and platform design
We are looking for a PhD candidate to conduct research and develop innovative software applications. The position is available at the Department of Information Systems, Production and Logistics Management at the University of Innsbruck, Austria. The intended start date is March 1, 2017 or later.
The position is embedded in the FWF (Austrian Science Foundation) project “Understanding and Measuring Facilitated Idea Convergence”. This project aims at 1) eliciting effective human facilitation interventions and 2) designing effective automated feedback to guide attention and help manage cognitive resources of individuals converging on crowd-generated ideas. The successful candidate is expected to formulate the PhD project and its goals in the context of the larger research project.
- Design and implement (mobile) web platforms and software
- Evaluate newly developed features
- Manage project tasks independently
- Write a PhD thesis and research papers in the context of the research project
- You enjoy collaboration and show commitment
- You approach complex problems in a creative way
- You are motivated and like self-directed learning
- MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or in a similar field
- Programming experience
- Experience in mobile application development, machine learning, natural language processing
- Fluent in English, German language skills is a plus
- A challenging job in an inspiring, dynamic, young and engaged research environment
- Encouragement of subject-specific interests and personal development
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent technical infrastructure and travel support for visiting conferences
- Inspiring mountain views from a spacious and well-fitted office
Conditions of employment
- The PhD position is currently limited to 2 years but can be extended
- Gross salary is 28.676,20€ per year/2.048,30€ per month for 30h/week
- No teaching required
PhD @ the University of Innsbruck
The university offers an outstanding PhD program in English. Information about the program can be found here. The University of Innsbruck is a place of study, research and work to more than 31,000 people. As one of the largest employers in Tyrol, the University of Innsbruck offers a diverse and exciting field of activity for employees with various educational and occupational backgrounds. The University of Innsbruck welcomes personnel diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity.
Please include the following documents in your application (English or German)
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae including certificates
- Programming portfolio (a presentation of selected programming projects)
- Name and contact information of two references
If you are interested, please apply via e-mail to email@example.com. The reference number of this position is 9255. For further information on the position or project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.